The CACCN Central Ontario chapter strives to highlight the latest in evidence based and best practices in the pediatric and adult critical care arena.
The CACCN Central Ontario chapter is always looking for opportunities to bring critical care nurses together through workshops and conferences. Watch this space for upcoming sessions and conference postings.
Educational Opportunity: CACCN is pleased to announce our partnership with Continulus to provide critical care education to our members is launching today! CACCN Members will have access to critical care educational sessions over the coming year, as well as access to all previous educational sessions. Members may attend live sessions or view the replay of previous sessions. Register Today!
Critical Care Review Courses: Critical Care Concepts Critical Care Review courses offered by Brenda Morgan, MSc, RN, CNCC(C), are geared to nurses with some critical care experience (Intensive Care). Core competencies for the national Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) certification examination provide the basis for the content (adult examination). Read more…
Pallium: Pallium’s award-winning Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative Care (LEAP) courses is Canada’s leading suite of courseware on palliative care for health care organizations and professionals. LEAP courses provide health care professionals with the knowledge, attitudes, and skills to help provide palliative care to patients and families facing life-limiting illnesses in a more timely and effective way.
CNA Certification Information
- CACCN MEMBERS! Receive a 20% Discount Voucher to use towards your certification fees – limited vouchers remaining – email
- BURSARIES! Apply to win one of the following bursaries:
- RESOURCES! CACCN National Office has a number of resources to assist with preparing for certification – caccn.ca/members/certification-study-resources/
- CERTIFICATION INFORMATION, FEES, BLUEPRINTS: https://cna-aiic.ca/en/certification
Articles of Interest
- 2020 – The Year that needed the nurse: Considerations for critical care nursing research and practice emerging in the midst of COVID-19 (Heart and Lung) https://www.heartandlung.org/article/S0147-9563(20)30161-8/abstract
- Communication strategies to mitigate fear and suffering among COVID-19 patients isolated in the ICU and their families (Heart and Lung) https://www.heartandlung.org/article/S0147-9563(20)30154-0/fulltext
- Workplace exposure to COVID-19: a critical care nurse’s experience (Canadian Nurse) https://www.canadian-nurse.com/en/articles/issues/2020/may-2020/workplace-exposure-to-covid-19-a-critical-care-nurses-experience
- Sustaining frontline ICU healthcare workers during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond (Heart and Lung) https://www.heartandlung.org/article/S0147-9563(20)30235-1/fulltext
- Studies yield clearer picture of rare COVID-linked syndrome in kids (Centre for Infectious Disease, Research and Policy) https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/06/studies-yield-clearer-picture-rare-covid-linked-syndrome-kids