The CACCN Central Ontario chapter strives to highlight the latest in evidence based and best practices in the pediatric and adult critical care arena.
The CACCN Central Ontario chapter is always looking for opportunities to bring critical care nurses together through workshops and conferences. Watch this space for upcoming sessions and conference postings.
- 2020 – The Year that needed the nurse: Considerations for critical care nursing research and practice emerging in the midst of COVID-19 (Heart and Lung) https://www.heartandlung.org/article/S0147-9563(20)30161-8/abstract
- Communication strategies to mitigate fear and suffering among COVID-19 patients isolated in the ICU and their families (Heart and Lung) https://www.heartandlung.org/article/S0147-9563(20)30154-0/fulltext
- Workplace exposure to COVID-19: a critical care nurse’s experience (Canadian Nurse) https://www.canadian-nurse.com/en/articles/issues/2020/may-2020/workplace-exposure-to-covid-19-a-critical-care-nurses-experience
- Sustaining frontline ICU healthcare workers during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond (Heart and Lung) https://www.heartandlung.org/article/S0147-9563(20)30235-1/fulltext
- Studies yield clearer picture of rare COVID-linked syndrome in kids (Centre for Infectious Disease, Research and Policy) https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/06/studies-yield-clearer-picture-rare-covid-linked-syndrome-kids
CNA Certification Information
- CACCN MEMBERS! Receive a 20% Discount Voucher to use towards your certification fees – email
- BURSARIES! Apply to win one of the following bursaries (you may apply for both):
- RESOURCES! CACCN National Office has a number of resources to assist with preparing for certification – caccn.ca/members/certification-study-resources/
- CERTIFICATION INFORMATION, FEES, BLUEPRINTS: https://cna-aiic.ca/en/certification
Stay tuned for updates.